Congratulations on taking your first step to getting started at Lewis and Clark Community College! This page will be your guide to making sure your admissions process is as smooth as possible.
- Apply to L&C. If you've already done so, you are automatically admitted (unless you're applying to a selective admissions program.) If you haven't yet, please apply, then return to this page for what's next.
- Go through the Financial Aid process. Research what forms are available on our website and apply as close to Jan. 1 as possible. After you receive your award letter, you will need to take additional steps to accept or reject your aid offerings. Call our Financial Aid office at (618) 468-2223 if you have questions.
- Mail us your transcripts. Official transcripts must be original, final and sealed, and should be mailed to: Enrollment Center, 5800 Godfrey Rd., Godfrey, IL 62035.
- Schedule your testing and orientation day(s). You can make an appointment by calling (618) 468-5220. Orientation is required for all new students.
Testing and My L&C: New Student Orientation
If you need to schedule testing/orientation, call (618) 468-5220 today. The following items should be taken care of while on campus for testing and orientation:
- Take the College Placement Test. Scoring well on the test can save you time and money, so take it very seriously. Low scores may require you to take developmental classes before being eligible to register for college level ones.
- See an academic advisor to enroll in classes. He or she will help you schedule your first college semester. You will not be able to enroll for the first time without seeing an advisor.
- Get your student ID. Your ID is necessary for using Financial Aid to buy books. It will also allow you to check out materials from Reid Library, and will get you free admission to designated campus events.
- Get your parking hang tag. If for some reason you do not receive a hang tag during orientation, you can apply for one at the Security Office.
- Sign up for LC Alert. The college uses this alert system to contact you in case of an emergency on campus, or in the event of a campus closing. We do not use LC Alert to contact you for any other reason.
- Get your books. All your textbooks and classroom supplies are available for purchase at the L&C Bookstore, which is located on the Godfrey and N.O. Nelson campuses and online at www.lcbookstore.com. You can use Financial Aid to buy books two weeks before the start of the semester.
- Pay for classes before deadline. You should receive a bill in the mail, and can pay by check or online via BlazerNet. If you have not paid, you may be dropped from your registered classes. *Ask the Bursar's Office about payment plans - (618) 468-3313 or (618) 468-3314.