There are a number of health services available to the Lewis and Clark community, from the L&C Family Health Clinic and Paul B. Hanks Dental Clinic to the L&C Mobile Health Unit.
Health and Wellness services provided by the Family Health Clinic
(Fobes Hall, Room
Emergency Services on Campus
- Over the counter medications for minor illnesses and first aid treatment of injuries
- Blood pressure, temperature, pulse and oxygen saturation monitoring
- Wound care, dressing changes, minor suture removal for non-complicated wounds, and minor foreign body/splinter removal
- Courtesy notification to instructors for ill students or students who have other emergencies and are unable to attend classes
- Delivering emergency messages to students
- Health counseling and assistance with minor acute and chronic illnesses
- TB skin testing
- Seasonal and H1N1 flu vaccinations. Call for availability of other immunizations.
- Applications for temporary handicapped parking permits for campus
For emergency illnesses or injuries, an RN is on duty at the Family Health Clinic. The nurse may be called to your location to assist and determine
proper care for your injury/illness in an emergency if needed. In case
of an emergency in which the nurse is needed to be called to your
location, dial "0" for the Security Office from any campus phone and
request that the nurse be called or contacted by radio.
If your designated provider cannot be reached, the nurse will assist you
in determining the most appropriate care and place of treatment for you
and will assist in referrals. Any injury or illness requiring hospital
or emergency room care will be initially evaluated by the nurse and an
ambulance may be called for transport if other arrangements are not
appropriate or able to be arranged.
Family Health Clinic staff are members of the Health and Life Safety Committee and the Campus and Community Coalition for Substance Abuse and Violence. Immunization/Health Records for ADN students are housed in the clinic. Liability and Worker Compensation Claims are initially processed through the clinic as well.