Godfrey – Lewis and Clark Community College is launching its website redesign today and is offering tips for users to better understand how to navigate it.
The new www.lc.edu
offers all audiences the information they need in a better organized manner, within a much more visual package.
“Our site is visited by so many different groups of people throughout the community - future and current students who are looking for student resources or enrollment information, community members who are looking for information on upcoming events or directions to campus, alumni who are looking for information that keeps them connected, and of course our own faculty and staff who use the site daily,” Lewis and Clark’s Chief Information Officer Mark Tuck said. “The new site offers content areas designed specifically for each of our main user groups, which simplifies the process of finding relevant information.”
The main site is geared toward the prospective student and contains links to information relevant to enrollment, student clubs and organizations, semester start dates, financial aid applications and much more.
For remaining users, the site offers four "Audience Paths" which serve as information portals and resource pages for Current Students, Faculty and Staff, Visitors and Community and Alumni and Donors.
Main sections on the site include:
• Discover Lewis and Clark
- An introduction to the College, including our Green Initiatives, Board of Trustees, Administration, Diversity, History, Mission and more.
• Degrees and Certifications
- A listing of the degrees and certificates offered at the College. This area also includes information about the High School Partnership Program, GED and more.
• Corporate and Community Learning
- All of our CCL offerings, including information on corporate training, continuing education classes and the College for Kids program.
• Admissions and Registration
- Links for students who are looking to start their education at L&C, including advising, testing and international student links.
• Financial Aid
- Links for students, including veteran’s affairs, loans, scholarships and grants.
• Campus Life
- Links for students regarding the L&C campus, including student organizations, safety information, Reid Library, etc.
– The new athletics site offers improved content and the most up-to-date scores and information on all Trailblazers sports – the players, coaches and teams.
• News, Events and Media
– Links to the most recent headlines, news items and events taking place at the College.
“One of the most important tools on the new site is the ‘Quick Links’ at the top right-hand corner of the new home page,” Web Editor Laura Griffith said. “This web tool contains direct links to the most frequently used resources by our audience groups.”
Griffith added that users will notice a more vibrant design that incorporates extraordinary imagery that better represents the picturesque campuses of Lewis and Clark Community College located in Godfrey and Edwardsville. “The new site offers a great virtual tour feature, and provides direct links to our social media sites, as well as our Flickr site where new images are added on a regular basis.”
“We are very excited about how the site looks and how the navigation has been organized, and we hope that our user groups will find the new site more helpful and informative,” Griffith said.
For more information about the site, contact Griffith at email@example.com