Are you a working adult seeking greater challenges and greater rewards?
Do you want to keep your regular job and get your degree as quickly as possible?
Then L&C has the program for you. AIM, referring to the accelerated instructional methods used, lets you earn an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS) in Accounting or an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS) in Management in only three years with a flexible and advanced evening schedule.
Through AIM, you'll take two classes one night a week. The courses offered include accounting, business, management, English, mathematics, marketing, economics, computer information systems and speech communications. These are the same courses traditional AAS students take, but you'll work at an accelerated pace both in and out of the classroom.
Every AIM course provides lecture material, resources, and assignments over the Internet, which allows you to prepare in advance. This means class sessions are spent on group discussions, projects and simulations.
AIM is not for traditional college students. The program requires that you:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Have at least one full year of work experience
- Take the College Placement Test and achieve scores required to be eligible to enroll in ENGL 131 and MATH 116. (If you place below ENGL 131 and MATH 116, your adviser will discuss available options.)
- Complete ENGL 131, earn a grade of C or better in MATH 113 (or high school geometry) and in MATH 116 (or placement by exam).
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Office, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Have at least a 2.0 grade point average for any previously completed college courses.
- Complete the special AIM admissions material.
L&C is currently working with several schools to accommodate students who want to earn their bachelor's degree after completing an AIM program of study. In many cases, students should expect to take some additional coursework before being accepted into a bachelor's program.
How does the AIM program work?
You'll take two classes per semester, attending one evening per week. One class meets from 5:30 to 7:25 p.m. and one meets from 7:30 to 9:25 p.m. Students who are part of the AIM program form a cohort (which is limited to 22 participants) that stays together for the duration of the program.
What degree will I earn?
You'll earn an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Accounting or an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Management
What does the program cost?
AIM courses cost the same as other L&C courses. Financial Aid is available.
What are the application deadline & start dates?
Application materials must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to taking any courses to satisfy prerequisites or beginning the specified coursework. Once the prerequisites have been completed, most students begin in the summer or fall semester.
Visit the Business Department website
for additional information on this and other business-related programs at Lewis & Clark.